Friday, January 30, 2009

homeward bound

We'll soon be making the trip from which this blog takes its name. I'm excited about it but a bit reticent as well. There are always expectations and obligations that threaten to overpower the trip. For example, I don't have any desire to see about 90% of the people I'm going to be asked to see. Nor do I want to do about half of the things that are going to be planned. I understand that what I want isn't that important, but it doens't make it any less of a bummer to me. I would be happy to wake up, walk to Noah's and Peet's, walk home, work in the garden, and call it a day. An occasional dinner with family / friends of family, a weekend alone with my friends in SF, and a week there with my wife and kids in tow would be good enough for me. I doubt it's going to be that laid back.

ps- I know that this post is awfully quick on the heels of the last one, but there is an uber-blogger at work who is making me feel neglectful.

His blog is worth checking out:

No comments: